Service & Repair
Trane Air Conditioner Service & Repair
At Progressive, air conditioner service & repair is what we do. We know that in the heat of summer, an AC unit on the fritz can be extremely unpleasant. That is why we stand by, 24/7, ready to deploy a team of Trane air conditioner service & repair experts to your home.
Call us any time at (877) 325-0180 for regular or emergency service. You can also fill out a brief contact form to get in touch with us via email.
How Your Trane Air Conditioner Works
Understanding the basics of your Trane air conditioner will help give you an idea of what we check for when performing repairs. It is always our mission to keep our customers as informed as possible, so they know exactly what they’re getting. Ask any of our Trane service & repair experts about your air conditioner, and they’ll start by telling you the following:
- In most homes, central air conditioners work together with an existing forced-air system to circulate cool air.
- The air is cooled when it passes over the central air conditioner’s evaporator coil, which is the main component of the system located inside the house.
- The cooled air travels through ducts into the home while room-temperature air is pulled into the furnace’s return air duct, beginning the cycle again.
You will also learn about the exterior function of your home’s Trane air conditioner:
- The condenser unit , which is located outside the home, is the other main component of the central air conditioning system.
- Both the evaporator coil and condenser are sealed systems and require servicing by a professional technician.
- Homeowners can perform some basic air conditioner maintenance that can keep the system’s components clean and functioning properly. To learn more, call Progressive Service Company to speak to a Trane service & repair technician today!
Tips for Air Conditioner Efficiency
We want your home to be as energy-efficient as possible, while also getting the most out of your Trane air conditioner as you can. The following tips are a great place to start:
- Set the thermostat as high as comfort will permit.
- Make sure attics are adequately ventilated to relieve heat buildup. If necessary, improve airflow by adding or enlarging vents.
- When building a new house or renovating an old one, choose light-colored roof shingles to reflect more of the sun’s heat.
- During moderate weather, don’t use the air conditioner unnecessarily.
- Draw blinds or drapes to block the sunlight during the hottest part of the day.
- Install awnings over windows exposed to direct sunlight.
- In the cooling season, don’t run kitchen and bath exhaust fans longer than necessary.
- Don’t place lamps, TV sets or other heat-producing devices beneath a wall-mounted thermostat. Rising heat from that equipment may cause the air conditioning system to overcool your house.
Regular maintenance from a Progressive Trane HVAC technician will help keep your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. We recommend service twice a year, ideally in the spring and fall, to make sure your A/C unit is running properly.
For any service requests or maintenance questions, call Progressive Service Company at (877) 325-0180 today!